Tuesday 27 July 2021

BENEFITS OF DRINKING LEMON WATER DAILY FOR SKIN|HOW TO MAKE LEMON WATER AT HOME


Wanna know my secret for looking better and better as I get older? This week, I share how to make lemon water at home for daily detox and we’ll also discuss the benefits of drinking lemon water daily for skin. I'll be adding on a bonus tip at the end too, that could help save you a trip to the doctors’ the next time you feel a cough coming, so stick around!

So, what's my secret to younger looking skin? 

Upon waking, I drink 350ml of pure drinking water, just to kickstart the system.

After that,  I make lemon water like so and here's a neat little trick - press and roll the lemon around for a bit to get more juice out of it.

Slice off both ends so it won’t end up rolling off the table, then slice it in half.

Take one half, juice it, then add one tablespoon of cold pressed extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) to help us better absorb all the fat soluble vitamins and minerals present in the lemon. 

Top that up with 300ml of pure drinking water. And if you like, and I do this on occasion, add a pinch of pink salt to the mix. Anything with salt tastes better, right? And then I drink it through a straw.

Why use a straw? Well, lemons not only contain organic vitamin C but it also has citric acid so drinking it from a straw will prevent thee acid from eating away at the tooth enamel.

Rinsing the mouth with tap water right after drinking will also help, especially if you have sensitive teeth. 

I drink this every morning by the way and have been doing so for a couple of months now.

It's best to drink this concoction on an empty stomach at least one hour before breakfast to flush and detox the liver, kidneys and gall bladder.

Contrary to popular belief, lemons when fully digested are actually extremely alkaline to the body provided no sugar is added.

Drinking lemon water first thing in the morning, not only restores the ph of our saliva, it also helps us to better absorb the nutrients from the foods we eat later in the day. Plus, it also aids digestion and boosts immunity.

But, if you have real concerns about it triggering gastric pain or acid reflux, what you can do is start with a 1/4 cup of lemon water as described earlier. Then, slowly work your way up to the full amount over four weeks. 


Recipe at a glance

1/2 or 1 lemon

1T EVOO

300ml pure drinking water


But I digress.

Lemons contain close to 90 per cent water and is about the only fruit that you can consume whenever you feel like it, without worrying about it packing on the pounds.

As we get older, it’s vitally important that we consume more water-rich foods.

On top of that, lemons are great for skin too!

The organic vitamin C in lemons is readily absorbed into our bodies giving us a much needed collagen-boost! Meaning, our bodies use that vitamin c to produce and maintain collagen so we’ll have fewer wrinkles and we’ll also have a much better fighting chance against toxins that cause breakouts!

Wow! Think about that! 

But say you already have acne or are experiencing a breakout, can lemons still come to your rescue? Definitely!

After consuming the juice, and allowing it to work on the inside. Take one half of the lemon and rub it gently on your skin. It’ll sting for a bit at first, but leave it on for ten minutes before rinsing off with warm water.

You can also rub a little lemon on your dark spots too, like on an old scar, dark elbows and knees. Yup! It’s a natural skin lightener.

Just be careful not to go over open wounds or cuts just because it’ll sting a little. But then again, lemons have antibacterial properties and are a natural antiseptic.

As you can tell, I could probably go on and on gushing about the benefits of lemons. 

But here’s the thing, I love lemons so much because I know I’m getting these health promoting organic compounds straight from the fruit, and I can take it with no fear of toxicity buildup or chemical imbalance.

It’s all natural, nothing synthetic, like over the counter supplements or bottled juice.

As promised, here’s a bonus tip that could save you a trip to the doctors’

Now whenever I feel like I have a sore throat, or a cough coming, I gargle with fresh lemon juice. You could use it either straight or diluted as I've described and that’ll help ease up a cough.

And, when I’m feeling a little under the weather, or experiencing bodily discomforts, what I typically do is drink the above lemon water every one or two hours. And I do this for one to two days, plus get plenty of rest in between and I'll usually feel a whole lot better, in no time at all!

That’s because lemons purify the body and bloodstream of toxins, impurities and fungus, promoting health and wholeness.

Honestly, that’s really why I love lemons so much and I literally have a fridge full of them! They’re a great natural air purifier too I must say and I’ll talk more about that in a future post. So remember to subscribe, like and share the love with your friends.

Till my next entry, have a beautiful day!





P.S. Follow @lovelynettetan for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BETTER THAN BOTOX FACE SERUM| BEST ANTI AGING SERUM FOR SENSITIVE SKIN

Want tighter, lighter, brighter skin? That’s firm and dewy at the same time? We’re talking about medical grade skin care that’s better than ...