Sunday 27 June 2021

HOW TO BAKE CARROT CUPCAKE | QUICK AND EASY CARROT CUPCAKE RECIPE


I've always loved carrot cakes.

My ex-boyfriend, current husband, introduced them to me when we started dating almost 20 years ago.

As time went by, we found it harder and harder to say goodbye to each other so in a bid to spend more time together, we'd always endeavour to end each date on a sweet note - with cake.

And we thought that carrot cake was the healthiest option around.

Until little by little, I started gaining weight.

Then I stopped eating carrot cake.

Recently, my renewed interest in carrot cake is largely because I've started juicing again in the mornings and I have all these leftover pulp that'll otherwise go to waste.

So began my search for a healthier carrot cake, one with less sugar and more bite!

And here is my winning formula!

INGREDIENTS (Makes 12 cupcakes)

(DRY)

Whole wheat flour144g
Baking powder1t
Baking soda3/4t
Pink salt1/2t
Ground cinnamon1 1/2t
Ground nutmeg1/4t
Ground ginger1/4t
Chopped nuts75g
Coconut sugar72g
  
(WET) 
  
Grated carrots, fruit376g
Coconut oil113g
2 eggs100g
Vanilla essence1t
  
Frosting:- 
Plain greek yoghurt341g
Pure maple syrup2T
Vanilla essence




1t




Cupcakes

1Preheat oven to 200°C
2Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl
3Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl
Add the dry to the wet, stir to combine
Portion out the batter evenly to mould
6Bake at 180°C for 25 to 28 minutes

Frosting

1Mix yoghurt, maple syrup and vanilla extract
2Let set for one to two hours, in fridge
3Spread on **warm cupcakes, serve

**Pro tips:
Store leftover cupcakes in the fridge in an airtight contained layered with kitchen towels at the bottom and on top, to absorb moisture and condensation
Spritz some water on and warm up cupcakes for five minutes in the oven at 200°C before serving
Best to eat them within two days.

I hope you give this recipe a go and do let me know how you go. Better still, #lovelynettetan to share your carrot cupcake photos with me, sincerely!

 

P.S. Follow @lovelynettetan for more!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

BETTER THAN BOTOX FACE SERUM| BEST ANTI AGING SERUM FOR SENSITIVE SKIN

Want tighter, lighter, brighter skin? That’s firm and dewy at the same time? We’re talking about medical grade skin care that’s better than ...