Tuesday 7 February 2017

Eat Fat, Fight Fat

On November 15th last year, I attended my first ever business networking session with Business Networking International (BNI) and met with business leaders from diverse industries. It’s amazing what this community does in helping people connect with each other and secure new business deals through the power of connectivity. Of the conversations I had, the most memorable was with a gym instructor who believes in skipping breakfast.

My curiosity was piqued.

I mean, aren't we taught that breakfast is the most important meal of the day? That we have to eat it like kings, lunch like princes and dinner like paupers? Haven't we read in magazines that when we skip breakfast we're actually slowing down our metabolism? That breakfast is essential for kickstarting our systems?

So I pressed further and found out that he actually takes only a tablespoon of coconut oil every morning. For him, that amount of "fuel for the body" was enough to last till noon.

Really? Can it be? Can life be made any simpler? Just a tablespoonful of coconut oil every morning? Did I really chance upon a quick-fix breakfast solution to crazy mornings when I had to rush for work? 


I went back that day inspired to try out this same "prescription", to see how it'll work for me. I'm glad to share that ever since I started taking a tablespoon of coconut oil every morning, I've not been experiencing hunger pangs and the need to eat. And as a result, I've been able to maintain my ideal weight of 46kg.


Another added benefit I've discovered along the way is that the regular consumption of coconut oil helps take away excess belly fat. It's also got many antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, anti fungal, and antiviral properties that help to promote great health.


Coconut oil is also good for the heart, helps boost brain function, keeps your weight in check and prevents liver and kidney diseases. Besides strengthening your immunity, it's even a great fuel for exercise!

I've also experimented with coconut oil as an antidote on days when I wasn't feeling well. In fact, in a recent trip I made to India just over Christmas and New Year, constant changes in temperatures (it drops to about 17 degrees celsius when the sun goes down) resulted in me feeling a little under the weather. But because I diligently took a tablespoon of coconut oil every morning, I just kept on going and going and going! How awesome is that!

I literally nursed myself back to health with a tablespoon of coconut oil every morning, lotsa fresh coconut juice, plus the right food combo. And never felt better! Woo-hoo! But of course, if you have any pre-existing health conditions, do check in with your doctor before you begin a regular diet of coconut oil.


So, besides coconut oil, are there any other oils that are beneficial for you? Stick with me to find out more!


Love,
Lynette Tan


No comments:

Post a Comment

BETTER THAN BOTOX FACE SERUM| BEST ANTI AGING SERUM FOR SENSITIVE SKIN

Want tighter, lighter, brighter skin? That’s firm and dewy at the same time? We’re talking about medical grade skin care that’s better than ...