Thursday 5 January 2017

Weighty Issues


Believe you me, I've always had a weight issue. I'm serious.


I started dieting when I was 14.

It was Chinese New Year and one of my aunties, those you see only once a year (and for good reason cuz of their toxic tongues), said to me, "Aiyoh, girl! Why you so fat?"

Mind you, I weighed only 50kg at that time. But those words weighed a ton on my mind.

Self-consciousness took over and I was never the same.

Coke was the rage at that time but I didn't give two hoots about how I wouldn't fit in the crowd. I was on a mission. So, I first began by cutting out all sugary drinks in all their forms - sodas, fruit-flavoured juices, water chestnut, soya bean milk, chin chow, bandung, etc.

And after keeping this up for about two weeks, I actually lost 2kg! Just like that!
I haven't drunk sugary drinks since.

Then, I stuck to only three meals a day and cut out all snacks - potato chips (Jack&Jill, remember?), corn chips, including my all time fav - tapioca chips with chilli, mamee, along with biscuits, cakes, nonya kueh kueh etc. And I remember bringing my weight down to a healthy 45kg (I'm petite, so that's quite ideal for me).

Over the years, I've tried many other diets - Atkins, Paleo or Caveman, Blood-type, Macrobiotic, Liquid or Juice Cleanse, Okinawa, the all-carbs Starch Solution, Daniel's Plan and I was even a hard-core vegetarian for three years!

My weight would always hover between 45-48kg so I took it for granted that it'll always stay that way. But as age caught up, I started getting lazy. I stopped exercising, watching my weight, plus I ate to my heart's content!

I was just so fulfilled, everything was going great in my life and I was rewarding myself with good food, fine dining, great gourmet cuisine. I didn't realise that I had put on so much weight until I found a lump in my right breast - don't worry, it's benign, I got it removed and I've been given a clean bill of health!

But THAT, was my wake-up call to relook at what I'm eating and how I'm living my life!

At that time, I weighed 56kg! I totally filled up my jeans. I felt clumsy - always kicking over things or tripping over myself cuz my reflexes were somewhat slower, I felt I had little or no energy, my clothes were getting tighter, I was getting sick all the time and overall I felt really lousy about myself.

So how on earth did I get back in shape?

I'll tell you exactly how in my next few posts so stick with me! Winks!

Love, 
Lynette Tan

Follow me on:-
Facebook
Instagram


No comments:

Post a Comment

BETTER THAN BOTOX FACE SERUM| BEST ANTI AGING SERUM FOR SENSITIVE SKIN

Want tighter, lighter, brighter skin? That’s firm and dewy at the same time? We’re talking about medical grade skin care that’s better than ...